2nd Annual Higher Ground Grappling Open
March 29th, 10am at Higher Ground at Wakefield
Take advantage of the low price. You can still register during the the day of of the tournament BUT prices increase to $50 a division!
Weigh in March 28, Friday at Wakefield Middle School from 5pm - 7pm or March 29th, Saturday from 9am to 10am,
Click here for more information about rules, age groups and match times.
Click here for a list of competitors. This list is NOT a bracket, does not include weights nor does it reflect who will be competing on the day of tournament.
You can still register the day of the tournament. Prices will increase to $50 a division.
Adult Weight Classes*
- Fly Weight (129.9 lbs. & Under)
- Bantam Weight (130 lbs. to 139.9 lbs.)
- Feather Weight (140 lbs. to 149.9 lbs.)
- Light Weight (150 lbs. to 159.9 lbs.)
- Welter Weight (160 lbs. to 169.9 lbs.)
- Middle Weight (170 lbs. to 179.9 lbs.)
- Light Heavy Weight (180 lbs. to 189.9 lbs.)
- Cruiser Weight (190 lbs. to 199.9 lbs.)
- Heavy Weight (200 lbs. to 224.9 lbs.)
- Super Heavy Weight (225 lbs. & Above)
Teen, Youth and Kids Weight Classes*
- Under 40lbs
- 40 lbs. to 49.9 lbs.
- 50 lbs. to 59.9 lbs.
- 60 lbs. to 69.9 lbs.
- 70 lbs. to 79.9 lbs.
- 80 lbs. to 89.9 lbs.
- 90 lbs. to 99.9 lbs.
- 100 lbs. to 114.9 lbs.
- 115 lbs. to 129.9 lbs.
- 130 lbs. to 149.9 lbs.
- 150 lbs. to 179.9 lbs.
- Above 180lbs will compete in adult bracket
*Final weight classes will be determined based on the weight of the participants on the day of tournament.
If there are enough women participants the day of the tournament, then we will have a separate women's division. If not, they will participate with the men.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- The tournament will be double elimination with medals going to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- Mighty Mites, ages 4-6, will get participation medals. All levels are submission except for novice.
- Wrestling shoes are allowed.