- Read our latest Annual Report here!
- Over the past year, our center has grown immensely as we extend our reach into the community and connect with new partners.
- Our overall organizational income increased by 75% compared to previous year's growth of 30%.
- We acquired our first state contract and became licensed as a community service agency and a specialty behavioral health provider under Cenpatico.
- Operated our first during-school-time activity as part of Sunnyside School District's Star Academy High School.
- Grew our staff from 5 full time staff members to over 12 full time members plus over 10 AmeriCorps members.
- 97% parent satisfaction with overall services of Higher Ground and outcomes with their students
- 94% of our students are satisfied with Higher Ground services and enjoy being part of Higher Ground.
- 90% of our students are physically more active after joining Higher Ground.
- 88% of parents observed that their children have better control over their emotions after one year at Higher Ground
- 87% of our students learned values regarding self-respect, peer respect, and community contribution
- 82% of parents observed that their children have better conflict resolution skills after one year at Higher Ground
- 81% of our students improved their overall academics based on their grades, homework completion, and planning for their education
- 81% of our students learned to improve their skills on perseverance based on learning the values of hard work, not quitting, and finding self-encouragement.
- 62% of our students learned emotion management as measured by the decreases in loss of temper, impulsivity, and negative incidents at home and school; and evidence of better emotion control.
Other outcomes, awards, and partnerships
- In addition to the above outcomes, Higher Ground also boasts one of the highest daily attendance rates out of all youth programs in Tucson with an average of 75% daily attendance rate (compared to most after school programs that range between 12% - 60%).
- Over 90% of Higher Ground students attend programming at least 3 times a week.
- Between last year and this year, we retained over 90% of our students, and this pattern has continued for the last 3 years here at Wakefield.
- Over 14,700 volunteer hours logged.
- Read our 2015 - 2016 Annual Report here.